- New Patients
- Dental Library
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Gum Re-Shaping
- Dental Implants
- All-Porcelain Crowns
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- BriteSmile Whitening
- Drill Free Fillings
- Porcelain Veneers
- Quiet Electric Drills
- "Art-Sculpt" Veneers
- Dental Technology
- Same Day Veneers
- Comfort Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide - Relaxation Gas
- Oral Cocktail
- FAQ about Invisalign
- FAQ about Dentistry
- FAQ about Teeth Whitening
- The Hygiene Secret!
- FAQ about Cosmetic Dentistry
- Analyze Your Smile!
- Dark Gums Turn Pink With Laser
- Cosmetic Dentistry Solutions for Gapped Teeth
- Gum Disease
- Whitening for Life!
- Snoring, Sleep Apnea: Dental Device is the Answer!
- Root Canal Treatment
- Smile Galleries
- 'The Knowledge' Blog
Washington DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia
It is a fact of life that millions of Americans suffer tooth loss—mostly due to tooth decay, gum disease or injury. In addition to changing facial appearance, missing teeth have a negative impact on confidence and self-esteem. For many years, the only options available for people with missing teeth were bridges and dentures.
Today, modern dentistry has the answer, and no patient needs to accept a life with missing teeth. Dental implants offer a permanent solution to these problems. Please allow the highly trained and compassionate dental team at the Washington Center for Dentistry provide you with a dental solution that will change your life forever. You will need a consultation to determine your candidacy for dental implants.
A cosmetic dentist now can implant a material that serves as a new root to replace the missing root. Sturdy titanium posts are anchored directly into the jawbone, providing a completely functional artificial root that serves as the anchor for a new artificial tooth or crown. The bone grows around the implanted post the same way bone grows around the natural root of a tooth.
The miraculous result? Dental implants that look, feel, and function exactly like a strong natural tooth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved appearance
- Improved speech
- Improved comfort
- Improved ability to chew
- Improved self-esteem
- Improved oral health
Dental implants can achieve the following:
- Replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth
- Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture
- Provide support for a denture making it more comfortable and secure
Types of Implants
There are basically two types of implants used today:
- Endosteal (in the bone). This is the most common type of implant used, and each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth. This type of implant is often used as an alternative for patients with bridges or removable dentures.
- Subperiosteal (on the bone). These implants are placed on top of the jaw with the metal framework's posts protruding through the gum to hold the prosthesis. These implants are used for patients who are unable to wear conventional dentures and who have minimal bone height.
As with any dental procedure, at-home oral care and regular visits to your dentist are necessary to keep your implant in place for many years. After dental implant treatment, your dentist will develop a care plan just for you to ensure your implants, teeth, and gums remain healthy for a very long time.
To learn more about how dental implants can fix your teeth and improve your oral teeth, please contact the Washington Center for Dentistry today to schedule your initial appointment. We serve cosmetic dentistry patients in Maryland, Northern Virginia and the Washington, D.C. area.